Today, we didn’t do a topical work shop we just worked on our courses. I worked on English (finishing my fourth short story and writing out my progress tracker), math and I did a little PE. At lunch me Alannah, and Sophie went to the mall and got me a book. we arrived back slightly late and when we got back they were talking about what is inquiry and how to make your blog more interesting. Later on we were talked to about our inquiry projects and how we need to have a new topic, the thrre critiria’s were:
1. Must be alone
2. Must relate to a topic with in one of the academic subjects
3. May not be presented using a slide presentation format
Today we worked on the war of 1812. We did a short project on point of view, everyone had a different subject that they had to work on. Later we were a loud to work on our classes so I worked on finishing my english short stories. I finished another short story, and later we were called back to the class room to work on our blogs and a discoussion about our pressentations on friday.
Today we worked on out assignments for the inner circle outer circle war of 1812 inquiry’s, that was for half the morning. The second half we got to work in the learning commons, I worked on Math. After lunch we learned how to do a proper power point presentation, then we talked about our inquiry more. Later we developped a rubric as a group that we will use later for more inquiry projects.
a. What was the best suggestion or feedback that you got from classmates that commented in the forum? Who posted the comment?
– The best comment that we got (in my opinion) was : ” I learned that there are environmental paints, I liked the clarity of the speakers voice, I suggest more pictures”. Posted by Christopher Mereigh.
b. Was the feedback useful? Why or why not?
– Yes because next time I know what he liked which is also what others liked and what I should change.
a. What is a key thing that you learned about inquiry learning? (the process of your inquiry)
– That the teachers let us do mostly what we would like, which I enjoy. For me i like to get it done quick, finish it first and not procrastinate. Than later I edit and help out the rest of my group.
b. What do you need help with in order to improve?
– Probably one thing that slowed us down would be that Sophie was away for two days so we couldnt tell her the few changes we made to the presentation and she ended up having to learn it that morning. Another would be that maybe if we had a little more time we wouldnt have needed to read off of our notes as much.
Today we we’re separated because we each chose to do a sub-topic from our main topic. I finished my part in the project and Monday I will be helping everyone else with what they will be doing
Today we continued to work on our subtopics and how to make them more dynamic. We also figured out certain brands that we would use for one of our subtopics. Tomorrow we will start to figure out prices and start a power point document.
Today we chose our project name/ title and who would be in our group. Next we decided out two broad topics of the project. Next we chose two subtopics. Also tomorrow we shall be expanding even more on our subtopics and try to figure out how much they will cost.