2. a) A by-nc-sa is three different acronyms put together to make one word, they are put together to create a type of Creative Commons license
– The by stands for Attribution. Attribution means that you must attribute (or cite) any work, picture, quotes, etc… in the manner that the original author would like to be cited. Yet, once you have done that you may not put it in a way that suggests that the original author did not premote that kind of use.
– The nc stands for Noncommercial. This means that you may not use the original authors work as a way to make money for yourself without the authors knowledge.
– Lastly the sa stands for Share Alike. This means that if you change the piece in anyway or add to it, you may publish the finished product but only under the same or similar liscences to its original one.
2. b) http://imagebase.davidniblack.com/main.php. I prefer the Creative Commons website that Mr. Truss showed us because i found it easier to find pictures and site them quicker.
4. “Yes. You are free to report the facts and ideas embodied in another person’s article or web page. Copyright only protects the expression — the combination of words and structure that expresses the factual information — not the facts themselves.” – copied from: https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/IP